- Cleaned, deduplicated and (partially) standardized version of Dutch death certificates (c. 1811-1960), retrieved from openarch.nl. The csv files per archive, used to create this dataset, were retrieved in January 2020. Scripts used to create this dataset are available at github/wp4-civreg (version 1.0).
Church construction data
- A dataset on church construction in Western Europe, 700–1500, based on OpenStreetMap. 🗺 ⛪
- Licence (following the OSM source licence).
- Full repository.
- Frequently requested slices:
- More info and citation:
- Buringh, Eltjo, Bruce M.S. Campbell, Auke Rijpma, and Jan Luiten van Zanden. “Church Building and the Economy during Europe’s ‘Age of the Cathedrals’, 700–1500 CE.” Explorations in Economic History 76 (April 2020): 101316.
- Rijpma, Auke, Jan Luiten Van Zanden, Eltjo Buringh, and Bruce MS Campbell. (“Reproduction Files for Church Building and the Economy.”)[https://doi.org/10.3886/E115381V1] ICPSR - Interuniversity Consortium for Political and Social Research, 2019.
Gender equality data
- An long-term index of gender equality.
- A dataset on historical family characteristics around the globe.
- More info and citation: Rijpma, Auke, and Sarah G. Carmichael. “Testing Todd and Matching Murdock: Global Data on Historical Family Characteristics.” Economic History of Developing Regions 31, no. 1 (January 2, 2016): 10–46.